The EPIC Summit isn’t your every day industry conference with boring food, generic, stuffy presentations, and little takeaway. We are excited to present a luxe summit like none other. From valuable education you can use NOW, to jaw-dropping decor, culinary delights, and surprises, The EPIC Summit promises to be an event not to be missed!
Below is just a taste of what your time at The EPIC Summit will include. Be ready for a FULL day of learning, networking, food, and fun!
Thursday, March 29th
- Arrivals / Hotel Check-in
6:30 to 9:30
Meet and greet with professionals from all over the country as well as many of the EPIC Faculty in a casual and fun setting. Welcome soiree is reserved for our VIP Attendees (includes hotel stay). TO REGISTER AS A VIP CLICK HERE. For more information, you can also visit read here where there is more information.
Friday, March 30, 2012
- 7:30-8:30 am Registration in Main lobby and Casual Continental Breakfast. Trade Show Open in Main Ballroom.
Make your way to the Main Ballroom for Opening Remarks from EPIC Founders Karina Alvela and Marni Gold and a morning of General Sessions. Trade show will be open until 2pm.
- 8:30- 9:30 am Mobile/Social Media for Event Business– Sonny Ganguly (click links for class description)
- 9:30-10:00 am How to Book 6-Figure Clients – Donnie Brown
- 10:00 – 11:00 am Event Trends for 2012 Panel Discussion – Bernadette Coveney Smith, Donnie Brown, Sharon Naylor Torris, Molly Tully, Ari Starkman, Chris Easter, Anne Chertoff
- 11:00 – 12:30 pm Become an Expert in your Specialty and Explode your Business – Neil van Niekerk, Bernadette Coveney Smith, Katie Carrier, Jen Rosenbaum
Lunch will be served from 12:30 to 2pm. Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch provided by The Elan and some surprises as well.
- 1:00-2:00 (during lunch) Get Seen, Get Noticed! Media and PR Panel – Molly Tully, Jenelle Hamilton, Karina Alvela, Anne Chertoff, Alan Berg, Sharon Naylor Torris
Now you can make your way to your pre-selected Workshops! Most are included in your EPIC tuition. A few workshops are valuable extras. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for any with a ($).
- 2:00 – 2: 45 pm The Top 10 Legal Issues for Event Professionals – Katy Carrier ( Room)
- 2:00- 2:45 Lighting Techniques to take Your Photography Business to the Next Level -Neil van Neikerk ($) (this workshop is on a first come, first served basis and has limited rooms so contact email@example.com to register,(Isabella Room)
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Culinary Trends: Food & Events Meet Design & Flavor – Chef Macri, Ari Starkman ($) (Skylight Room)
- 3:00- 4: 00 pm Boudoir Photography 3:00-4:00 Jennifer Rozenbaum (Isabella Room)
- 4:00 – 5:00 Using Social and Traditional Networking to Grow Your Event Business – Liz King, Karina Alvela, Marni Gold, Erik Kent, Chris Easter, Stephanie & Jeff Padovani (Allessandra Room)
During The EPIC Summit, you’ll discover all our special guests’ biggest secrets on how to ramp up to a successful and thriving business, having clients find you and wanting to work with YOU only and getting to a place where the press and media find and want to interview you.
This event is not a big pitch-fest disguised as content. You will receive ACTION FILLED ITEMS to take home and apply to your business IMMEDIATELY. We feel strongly about giving you NO FLUFF, no “Well, if you want to learn more, you must purchase my DVD/coaching program/book” – none of that.
AGAIN — There will be 100% real, actionable content. No fluff.
Your tuition in The EPIC Summit will provide you with the right education and action steps to guide you on the path to success.
The EPIC Summit is THE place to network, look for business opportunities, collaborators, find important resources, learn how to effectively grow your client base and gain strategies on how to find & close clients using PR, social media, marketing and other publicity tools.
For some time now, the wedding and event industry has been changing. Years ago, the special event industry followed a strict model: Vendors advertised, paid referral fees, and got clients. This of course still happens today but now, with the advent of social media, the internet, television etc., information is so much more readily available to consumers in general and specifically to Brides planning their weddings or those planning a party, whether it be social or corporate in nature.
How does this affect the vendors? How do those who provide services to these savvy consumers stay ahead of the curve?
Think if it like you are on a hike. Not just any hike but the hike of your life! You are climbing Mount Business and you have to make it to the top to really succeed, right?
So, what happened to it being ‘all about the climb’? Isn’t it the journey that is the important thing? Sure the journey is important but if you don’t get anywhere, your business is stagnant and eventually will lose money or slide back down that hill.
Who do you want to be? A clinger? A Climber? Or the person who makes it to the top?
More in part 2!
In the meantime, be sure to purchase your tickets for The EPIC Summit! We’ve extended the current discount untill October 30th. Attend the In-person experience for just $350 (regular price $500) or the online experience for just $225 (regular price $350)!!
*Are you on LinkedIn? Connect with other EPIC Professionals in the EPIC Network! Join Now!
Welcome event and wedding professionals! We are so very excited to present to you The EPIC Summit, a completely unique corporate and social event industry summit for those who hunger for actionable business education and networking NOT found at any other conference.
We will be sharing industry news, EPIC partnerships, faculty members stories, attendee profiles, and much more on this blog. Stay tuned for information on tuition, scholarship opportunities, The EPIC Awards, and more.
It’s going to be EPIC!
Follow the EPIC summit on twitter (@theepicsummit) and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theEPICsummit
If you haven’t yet, join the fastest growing active network of Social and corporate event professionals on Facebook! www.facebook.com/groups/EPICnetwork